Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summertime, and the livin is easy

Or not, depending on your point of view.

My houseguest for the summer got here, and has been installed in one of my spare bedrooms pending that room mate finally finishing getting moved in.

She's not a bad kid.  Way too young, and incredibly inexperienced.  And seemingly resentful of anything that comes out of my mouth that happens to touch upon relative experience levels gained through age and the simple act of living.

Was I ever That  young, and that determined to make my own mistakes regardless of the consequences?  Gods, I hope not.  If I was, I sure don't remember it.

1 comment:

  1. I ended up getting rid of that particularly unwanted extended house guest in short order. It didn't take long for things to go down hill where she/it was concerned, so I summarily dumped her back in the lap of the person who convinced me to let her be here at all.

    She wasn't simply resentful of relative experience levels in life. She was also a two faced, lying, attitudinal bitch who will no doubt eventually burn in whatever hell she creates for herself. She's going to end up with a long, ugly row to hoe during life due to some of her less desirable traits and her refusal to learn from those who already made the mistakes she's insistant on making at the moment. Too bad she wasn't smart enough to learn it the easy way.

    ReplyDelete